Mitsubishi Electric has come up with something interesting – a free-form screen car display system which is capable of projecting images on different kinds of screen, be they curve, oval or triangle in shape, in order to match the interior layouts of future vehicles. Basically, this prototype car display system will be powered by an optical engine which is capable of projecting images on curved, oval or triangular screens, in order to suit a wide range of car interiors.
Thanks to its free-form screen, it is capable of responding flexibly to the increasing use of curves and other design features that can be found in more modern car interiors. Apart from that, the inclusion of easy visibility will go a long way in helping to promote driving safety. Mitsubishi Electric made full use of its knowledge of rear-projection TVs and car electronics which are more than capable of withstanding severe operating conditions, delivering high quality and reliability along the way. One thing’s for sure, it would be nice to see some of these free-form displays incorporated into vehicles sooner rather than later as designs get more organic. [Press Release]
Next Story: Stargate SG-1 Returns in "Unleashed" Game
- 2013-11-18: Mitsubishi Reveals Multi-modal Character-Input Interface For Chinese Language Car Navigation Systems
- 2013-11-18: Mitsubishi EMIRAI 2 Concept Car To Go On Display At Tokyo Motor Show
- 2013-10-03: Mitsubishi Car Display System Sports Free Form Screen
- 2013-10-02: Mitsubishi 100Gbps Optical Network Interconnect
- 2013-10-02: Mitsubishi 4K LaserVue LCD TV