Right now, you can more or less say that Sony Mobile has the best working cameras on smartphones with the sensor that they use, although the folks over at Nokia also would want to put in their 2 cents’ worth. Well, it seems that future generations of Nexus smartphones and tablets from Google (under the pretense of the Internet search giant’s name, of course, where manufacturing will still take place at established hardware players’ factories) will arrive with “insanely great cameras”, according to Vic Gundotra, Google’s senior vice president of engineering.
Gundotra continued to say that they are “committed to making Nexus phones insanely great cameras. Just you wait and see.” Well, we are definitely waiting in patience, Gundotra, and would love to see it – so will you hurry up and make sure that we can get a closer look at these insanely great cameras sooner rather than later? One thing’s for sure, Google I/O would be a more likely platform for such cameras in Nexus devices to be unveiled rather than at MWC 2013 that is happening real soon. We’ll be at both events on the ground with our eyes peeled, so stay tuned!
- 2014-03-18: Nexus Wall Charger On Google Play Store
- 2014-02-24: Nexus 6 Relies On 64-bit 8-Core Snapdragon 810 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-06: Next Nexus Tablet Will Be Built By HTC [Rumor]
- 2014-01-20: Intel-Powered Nexus 8 Could Arrive In 2014
- 2014-01-20: Nexus 7 Charging Docks Listed Without Official Availability Date
- 2013-12-08: Google TV Might Be Brought Under The 'Nexus' Umbrella
- 2013-11-30: Google's Nexus Devices Susceptible To SMS Bug That Causes Phones To Reboot
- 2013-11-06: Nexus 5 Compared To Previously Released Nexus Phones [Video]