Nifty MiniDrive started life as a Kickstarter project, where this microSD memory card adapter will be able to fit flush with the side of your favorite portable MacBook computer of choice – the MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. In a nutshell, you are able to add another 64GB of additional flash storage using a single port, and it is a good thing too, since this particular port is not one that many folks use all the time.
The Nifty MiniDrive is also about aesthetics to keep in line with the rest of Apple’s design philosophy, since it ensures that there will be no nasty ends that protrude from the side of your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, since it comes in a custom fit design for various MacBook models. Having said that, if you own an Air version, it will not be at home on the MacBook Pro, and vice versa. Removing the Nifty MiniDrive is a little bit more tricky however, since you need a special tool that thankfully, Nifty has included with each MiniDrive purchase.
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-23: 12-Inch MacBook Rumored Once Again
- 2014-03-12: Broken MacBook Pro Fixed By Being 'Cooked' In An Oven
- 2014-02-18: Apple Patent Suggests MacBooks With Touch Controls
- 2014-02-13: Apple Confirms Suppliers Do Not Use Conflict Minerals