[MWC 2013] Nokia’s bread and butter might soon see a healthy balance between the high end Windows Phone 8 models as well as entry level handsets that have been relegated to the category of “feature phones” which still commands a massive worldwide market, targeting emerging economies as well as poorer countries, where a handset remains a basic communication tool via voice and SMS, and not so much on data. MWC 2013 proved to be the platform for the announcement of the Nokia 105, which will come in just cyan and a color display. In fact, the Nokia 105 is dirt cheap, it retails for less than a meal at a fancy restaurant at €15, by far making it the most affordable handset in Nokia’s current range.
The Nokia 105 will handle phone calls and SMS primarily, although there is some “joy” to be had on the side, including an FM radio, the much loved flashlight capability in Nokia’s entry level handsets, a sturdy one-piece keymat that is not only dust-proof, but splash-proof as well.
This dual band EGSM 900/1800 handset will come with 8MB ROM and is said to offer up to 35 hours of standby time on a full charge, and 12.5 hours of talk time. This also means there will no longer be any more black and white screens in future Nokia handsets, clearly marking the end of an era for such handsets. Expect the Nokia 105 to go up on sale sometime in the second quarter of the year onwards.
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2013-02-24: Nokia Lumia 520 should be called Lumia Mini
- 2013-02-24: Nokia Lumia 720 With f1.9 Camera Lens
- 2013-02-15: Mysterious Nokia Lumia Device Spotted In Lumia 920 Ad
- 2013-01-23: Nokia Lumia 920 With 41MP PureView Technology Rumored For MWC 2013 Announcement
- 2012-12-19: Nokia could unveil a 10" Windows RT tablet at MWC 2013 [Rumor]