I am not quite sure about you, but some folks did experience an outage when it came to Hotmail as well as Outlook.com services earlier yesterday morning, where these affected users of Microsoft’s recently revamped Outlook.com email service were unable to hook up to their accounts. Of course, there were instances of frazzled nerves for sure, especially when it involves some assignments that needed to be sent in or received on that particular day.
Microsoft was definitely aware of the outage by the time it was afternoon, and their engineers have been hard at work on the outage, with more or less settling the issue in due time. Microsoft’s recent statement on the outage read, “Hotmail and Outlook.com experienced a short-term incident that caused a small percentage of customers not to be able to access their email. We worked quickly to resolve the issue, and service is now restored to normal; we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused our customers.” No reason was given for the outage, but we are ruling out being hacked by the numerous countries that are out to crush the Great Satan.
Next Story: Robocop Would Be Proud Of The Robosparrow
- 2014-03-30: Microsoft Makes Changes To Policy After Hotmail Snooping Criticism
- 2014-03-26: Google Denies Allegations Of Gmail Snooping To Weed Out Leaker
- 2013-05-03: Hotmail-to-Outlook.com Transfer Geeks Out At 150 Petabytes
- 2013-05-02: Microsoft Completes Shifting Hotmail Users To Outlook.com, Now Has 400 Million Accounts
- 2013-03-14: Microsoft Explains Reason Behind Outlook And Hotmail Outage
- 2013-02-18: Microsoft Outlook Arrives To Hotmail’s Demise
- 2013-01-18: Hotmail Users Switched To Outlook.com Still Missing Emails Since October