The Samsung Galaxy S4 has to be one of the most anticipated smartphone launches as far as 2013 is concerned, and the rumors of the device, alleged specs and such have been flying off the handle. Now rumors have suggested that the Galaxy S4 will feature a 13MP rear-facing camera, much like Sony’s Xperia Z, and the folks at Androsym have stumbled across some photos on Google+ which appear to have been taken by a certain Samsung GT-I9500, which has been speculated to be the Galaxy S4. The photos have since been removed, but the folks at Androsym have provided some screenshots of the photos on Google+, along with the photos’ EXIF data.
According to the EXIF data, the photos taken had a resolution of 4128×2322 which is around 9.6MP, hardly the alleged 13MP we’ve been hearing. However Androsym speculates that this resolution can also be achieved by a 13MP camera due to its 16:9 format and that the viewfinder can only utilize full screen in that format. In any case the photos can hardly be called stellar, but then again we guess the photographer was not aiming for perfection, but perhaps to test out the camera hardware and software. What this means is that the quality you can expect from the final release might differ from what you are seeing, so fret not.
It has also been speculated that the camera sensor used is by Sony and could be the same Sony Exmor RS sensor that is currently found in the Xperia Z. At this point in time it’s pure speculation and we will have to wait for its official release in order to confirm its hardware. However rumors are saying that the Galaxy S4 could be seeing a delay, possibly due to some problems with the Exynos 5 chipset and could miss its rumored March 14th announcement. We’ll take this with a grain of salt for now, but be sure to check back with us at a later date for more news.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before