Just a couple of days ago, we talked up the HTC One that was spotted in a shade of red over on its website, before it was strangely removed with nary a beep from the folks over at HTC. Well, it seems that the red version of the HTC One is not a unicorn or a fantasy device, but rather, is very, very real, as it is now available for folks to place a pre-order over in the UK, with a targeted street date of March 15th. A bunch of mobile carriers including Vodafone and Three UK have already begun to put up offers for the new flagship from HTC, while other retailers have decided to offer an unlocked version for £510 ($780 after conversion), inclusive of taxes.
We are also led to believe, that the red version of the HTC One might end up being a limited edition device (which is “wasted” in a sense, as Valentine’s Day has just passed more than a week ago, where that could have been an occasion to promote the smartphone) for certain retailers or carriers. Ah well, only time will tell. Hey, how about us folks living Stateside? Will we, or will we not be getting a red HTC One down the road?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29: Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15: Original HTC One Prototype Revealed
- 2013-12-20: HTC One Successor Rumored To Run Android 4.4.2 With Sense 6