Without sounding biased, there’s no question that Temple Run 2 is awesome. I’ve played it on both Android and iOS, and it never fails to entertain. But if a new report is true, then Imangi Studios might be upping the ante once again by releasing a spin-off to the game just weeks after announcing Temple Run 2. Cecile Fouques, a PR representative for Disney, tweeted that a new game called “Temple Run: Oz the Great and Powerful” is launching on February 27th. Fouques appears to have removed the tweet since it is now inaccessible.
The title was also confirmed by a purported tester named “Pappy” who took to Facebook to announce his experience, so far, in playing the game. “Work was tough today…I had to play a video game for almost 6 hours! LOL It is the new edition of Temple Run: Oz The Great and Powerful edition. So awesome!” Patrick “Pappy” Faulkner said. As noted by Polygon, the new title appears to be a licensed tie-in game inspired by a film of the same name directed by Sam Raimi, which will debut on March 8. Note that Disney also did something similar in the past with the release of Temple Run: Brave.
- 2014-04-14: Temple Run 2 Gets Cloud Support
- 2014-03-20: Temple Run Developer Shares Early Prototypes Of The Game
- 2013-07-11: Temple Run To Hit More Lumia Handsets Soon
- 2013-05-17: Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-03-27: Temple Run Makes Its Long-Awaited Debut On Windows Phone