When you talk about the Samsung Galaxy S3, most folks would definitely be able to identify with this particular flagship smartphone from the South Korean company, and the main point it makes? It is an Android-powered device. I guess if you ever wanted to muck around someone’s head, then it would be a good idea to check out just how this Samsung Galaxy S3 is able to run a copy of Ubuntu Touch Preview. Just what the heck is Ubuntu Touch Preview? Well, it comprises of a pre-release version of Canonical’s upcoming Ubuntu operating system that will run on tablets as well as smartphones.
Recently, builds that were able to be installed onto the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 smartphones were released earlier in the week, not to mention for the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 tablet as well. It seems that Ubuntu Touch Preview is not limited to just the aforementioned devices, as a bunch of independent developers found out that this Linux-based operating system can also work on the aged Samsung Galaxy S3.
- 2014-04-17: Canonical Reveals Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop
- 2014-04-14: Tesla Model S Owners Hack Own Cars, Discover Ubuntu
- 2014-04-13: Meizu MX3 With Ubuntu Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected By End Of March
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again