While a good keyboard is no doubt a pleasure to type on, there are companies out there such as Corsair who pride themselves on creating gaming keyboards designed for gamers, supposedly helping to take their performance to the next level. Whether that’s just pure marketing hype or if it actually makes a difference will depend from user to user, but if you’re in the former camp, you might be interested to learn that Corsair has announced their latest gaming keyboard, the Vengeance K70. This keyboard is the successor to the K60 and will sport the same Cherry MX Red mechanical switches.
The main difference over the K60 is that on the K70, each individual key has a backlight of its own and can have its intensity adjusted in four different levels, or be independently enabled or disabled. As expected of most mechanical keyboards, the K70 will feature a 20-key rollover (meaning that it will be able to read 20 simultaneous key presses at once, not that you’ll ever need it though), a 1000Hz reporting rate, contoured keycaps for the WASD keys, an brushed aluminum frame and a detachable wrist rest. The Corsair Vengeance K70 will be available this April and will be priced around $130.
- 2014-03-13: Nokia Power Keyboard Now Available On AT&T And Verizon
- 2014-02-13: Sony Vegas Pro Keyboard Launched
- 2014-01-08: Corsair Unleashes Raptor Gaming Peripherals
- 2013-09-24: Gyration Announces New Keyboards
- 2013-09-03: World's Thinnest Keyboard Measures In At Under Half A Millimeter Thick
- 2013-09-02: The Keyboard As You Know It Could Be Rendered Obsolete
- 2011-12-15: Corsair Vengeance gaming peripherals now available
- 2011-09-16: Corsair unveils new gaming keyboards and mice