Love it or hate it, Facebook is definitely here to stay, and it is a force that ought to be reckoned with. The world’s most popular social network has managed to fend off all other competitors such as Friendster and MySpace, and is set to also enter the world of online ads in an effort to boost its revenue. Well, recent times have seen Facebook make attempts to go around the Google Play Store on the sly when it comes to updating Facebook for Android, while Facebook for iOS has seen voice calling roll out to additional users, albeit slowly but surely. It seems that Android users of Facebook are being left behind in the technological arms race, which is why Facebook attempts to address the issue by sending out invitations for an April 4th event, where they hope to show off its “new home on Android” to the masses.
Just what does this mean? Some folks are wondering whether this could translate to a new Facebook smartphone, while others would dump the hardware route and prefer to concentrate more on the potential Facebook on Android will have on users. What do you think this April 4th event will bring to the table?
Next Story: Honda Odyssey Minivan Has Integrated Vacuum
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-03: Facebook Messenger For Android 4.0 Delivers Voice Calling
- 2014-03-19: Facebook's Persistent Notification Bar On Android Tested
- 2013-12-02: Facebook Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Indian Startup Company
- 2013-11-11: Facebook For Android Updated With TV Show Reminders
- 2013-10-29: Facebook Details Its New Messenger Experience For Android