A company like Facebook certainly needs to find ways to generate revenue, and with the humongous user base that it has, that should not be too much of a problem for them. In fact, ads in Facebook have started to creep in for some time now, in subtle ways, and here we are with the world’s largest social network testing out targeted ads in the News Feed, although it is not every one who will experience these ads, only a bunch of folks as Facebook tests its Exchange ad delivery system.
Facebook posted earlier in the day, “Allowing advertisers to reach people in News Feed is important because people spend more time in News Feed than any other part of Facebook.” Right now, advertisers were relegated to feature standard ads in the right-hand side bar of Facebook on a desktop or notebook, but now they are able to do the same when it comes to ads in the News Feed, now how about that? Mobile users should be pleased to know that there were no advertising changes made for mobile clients, or those could very well be in the pipeline but have yet to be announced.
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam