According to the rumors from yesterday, Apple could be set to launch the new iPad and iPhone 5S in April and August respectively. Now thanks to a report by Japanese blog, Macotakara, they are saying that Apple’s manufacturer, Foxconn, has begun to ramp up production of the rumored iPhone 5S. Apparently due to the similarities in terms of design with the iPhone 5, it seems that Foxconn will be able to manufacture both the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S on the same line. The fact that both phones are said to look similar isn’t too surprising, especially given that the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4S were similar in terms of design to their predecessor.
However the internals of the iPhone 5S are expected to be different. The rumors are saying that the iPhone 5S could feature a faster chip as well as an improved camera amongst other things. We also wouldn’t be surprised if the phone were to launch with the latest version of iOS, presumably iOS 7 given the trend we’ve noticed so far. Given that yesterday’s rumors have suggested an August release, we guess hearing about Foxconn getting ready for production isn’t a stretch of the imagination. Either way take this with a grain of salt but check back with us often for more updates.
Next Story: Samsung Invests $111.6 million Into Sharp
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-01-14: China Mobile Reportedly Has Over 1 Million iPhone 5s Units At Launch
- 2013-11-27: Foxconn Tasks 300,000 Workers With Production Of Half A Million iPhone 5s Daily
- 2013-07-30: iPhone 5S Mass Production Ramps Up As Foxconn Looks To Hire 90,000 Workers
- 2013-04-15: Foxconn Hiring New Employees To Build The iPhone 5S