Mitsubishi and the electric car is a story that has been well hashed where the Mitsubishi i-MiEV is concerned, but folks who have seen (much less driven it) would know that the i-MiEV is not famous for two things – namely, the looks as well as range. Well, it does seem to me as though there is hope yet with the introduction of the Concept CA-MiEV. Sporting flat-packed, high-density 28kWh lithium-ion batteries which result in a far sleeker design that delivers low drag, the new Mitsubishi Concept CA-MiEV is said to be able to last up to 186 miles on a full charge, which is triple of what the i-MiEV is able to endure.
Mitsubishi has described the Concept CA-MiEV as a “suburban” Electric Vehicle which could possibly last for up to a week for the average European commute. Will it ever make its way from the drawing board all the way to production lines? Time will tell, but chances are many of the developments found in the Concept CA-MiEV itself will eventually make their way to the rest of Mitsubishi’s fleet.
- 2013-11-18 Mitsubishi Reveals Multi-modal Character-Input Interface For Chinese Language Car Navigation Systems
- 2013-11-18 Mitsubishi EMIRAI 2 Concept Car To Go On Display At Tokyo Motor Show
- 2013-10-03 Mitsubishi Car Display System Sports Free Form Screen
- 2013-10-02 Mitsubishi 100Gbps Optical Network Interconnect
- 2013-10-02 Mitsubishi 4K LaserVue LCD TV