Were you as amazed as we were by Battlefield 4′s 17 minutes of gameplay footage EA & DICE released yesterday? We know you’re probably already putting money aside to pick up Battlefield 4 when it’s released this fall, but you might want to open your wallets a little bit wider for when the next Mass Effect and Dragon Age are announced.
BioWare Edmonton and Montreal general manager Aaryn Flynn revealed on his Twitter yesterday both the Dragon Age 3: Inquisition and the next Mass Effect will be using DICE’s Frostbite 3 engine, which was the same engine Battlefield 4 was built on. Unfortunately, DICE’s Frostbite 3 engine currently doesn’t support the Wii U, which means you probably shouldn’t expect to see it on that console for some time.
Both Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 already provided some impressive visuals, so hearing both games will be running on the extremely detailed Frostbite 3 engine has already made us excited for the next versions of these games. Imagine how awesome a Krogan would look or realistic a dragon’s fire breath will look with Frostbite 3.
Yea – we can’t wait for the next-generation of games to start either.RELATED
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Follow: battlefield 4, dice, ea,
- Seen at: uk.gamespot