An unnamed source who has access to the NPD Group’s numbers revealed Nintendo only sold 55,000 units of its Wii U in the US this past January. Nintendo neither confirmed nor denied that claim, and today, we’re hearing how many Wii Us the company sold in February and it isn’t looking any better.
According to video game industry analyst Michael Pachter, he believes Nintendo sold 80,000 Wii U units in February, which is exactly how many Wiis he also believes were sold in the same month. That number is nearly half of the PlayStation 3′s sales, which reached 165,000 units sold last month, and even farther behind the Xbox 360′s 225,000 units sold, all of which Pachter delivered in a research note to investors today.
We know Pachter doesn’t have these hard numbers unless NPD releases the data themselves, but there’s no doubt the Wii U is in trouble as we have yet to hear any positive news regarding the console’s sales from Nintendo in 2013. Sure – they’ve announced some games we could expect this year, but in regards to sales figures, Nintendo has been quiet lately.RELATED
- Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls' Next Wave Of Beta Invites Are Going Out
- Microsoft Xbox Rumored For China Launch In September 2014
- Namco Bandai Announces Tales Of Zestiria Headed To PS3
- Korean StarCraft 2 Player Receives Pro-Athlete Visa
- Stop-Motion Mario Kart Video Is Extremely Impressive
- Follow: nintendo, wii, wii u,
- Seen at: news.cnet