When it comes to your mobile phone, most of us tend to deal with smartphones, and most of these smartphones might be beautifully made, but you can be sure that they are fragile as heck. Of course, with the advent of technology and implementation of details such as Gorilla Glass 2, the latter generation of smartphones tend to be tougher than normal, but this does not mean that they rank high up there on the toughness scale with old school classics like the Nokia 3310 which has spawned uncountable memes till now. Well, here is a hark back to the old days, with the Sonim XP STRIKE from Sprint.
The Sonim XP STRIKE will feature rugged performance standards that go beyond military specifications, where it can shrug off drops on concrete from 6.5 feet, and can withstand being submerged in water for up to 6.5 feet for half an hour without missing a beat. It sports military standard 810G certification for dust, shock, vibration and blowing rain, and is IP68 (Ingres Protection) certified, making it dust proof to boot. An external speaker that is protected by waterproof GORE protective vents allows you to continue talking in the rain, while hardened rubber has been molded to its fiberglass casing mix by dual injection to make it one hardy phone. I’d hate to mess around with this phone for sure!
Next Story: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Announced
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2012-12-19: Sprint’s Sonim XP Strike Announced