It was just last week when we heard on how Verizon will finally deliver the long awaited Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update to the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX smartphones, and so we await with bated breath of whispers that there will be another handset from Motorola’s stables that will be on the receiving end of some Jelly Bean goodness, and this will be an ancient smartphone in comparison – the Motorola Droid 4.
Launched by Verizon early last year with Android 2.3 Gingerbread on board alongside an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update later on, it seems that a handful of Droid 4 users did receive an invitation to test an “early preview of a new software release”, which could very well be the Jelly Bean update. Motorola did confirm in the past that their venerable Droid 4 would pick up Jelly Bean without being specific on the release date, so this could very well be it. There is life yet in the legs of the Droid 4, for sure!
Next Story: Lenovo K900 Gets April 17 Release Date
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-06: Kyocera Brigadier Tipped For Verizon
- 2014-04-06: Galaxy S5 For Verizon And US Cellular To Get Additional Anti-Theft Features
- 2014-04-06: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4.2 Release Possible Tomorrow
- 2012-12-25: Droid RAZR And RAZR Maxx Get Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-05-21: Verizon to enable global roaming for the HTC Rezound, Droid RAZR and DROID 4?
- 2012-02-10: Motorola DROID 4 available today
- 2012-01-26: Leaked Verizon MAP reveals discounted DROID 4, Droid RAZR and Droid Bionic
- 2012-01-01: Motorola DROID 4 demo unit surfaces