Earlier this year, Nintendo revealed they plan to release two system updates for its Wii U console in the spring and summer that would hopefully address a number of issues people have been experiencing with it since its launch. Seeing how we’re so close to spring, today’s system update probably had you jumping for joy at the thought it was the major update Nintendo had promised.
Unfortunately, today’s Wii U system update labeled Version 2.1.3 U only offers improvements to the system’s stability and isn’t the big one we’ve been waiting months for.
Even though your update won’t bring you the blazing-fast speeds we all expect Nintendo to deliver in their upcoming system update, Nintendo did reveal when they’d be releasing their major update, which turns out it’ll be released this April. So be sure not to get as excited as I did when I heard about today’s update because after you’ve installed it, your Wii U will still load games and its system UI as slow as it always did in the past.
Next Story: T-Mobile’s Galaxy S3 LTE Model Hits The FCC
- 2014-02-04: Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19: PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-10-01: Wii U Updated To Allow Off-Screen Play For Wii Games
- 2013-09-19: 'Wii Sports Club' Brings Classic Wii Sports Games To The Wii U
- 2013-09-11: The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wasn't The Only Zelda Game Nintendo Considered For HD Remake
- 2013-09-06: Nintendo Drops Price Of Super Mario Galaxy 2 And Other Popular Wii Games
- 2013-09-01: Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18: PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles