The results of a recent poll commissioned by research firm MKM Partners found 83 percent of people weren’t aware BlackBerry launched its BlackBerry 10 platform in the U.S. The results of the same poll found 6 percent of those questions said they would make their next phone a BlackBerry device. Seeing how all bad things come in threes, we’re not completely surprised to hearth results of another poll shedding some negative light on BlackBerry.
According to research firm Raymond James, who conducted a survey based on the intent of suture smartphone shoppers, those questions revealed which kind of smartphone devices they absolutely wouldn’t buy in the near future. 19.7 percent of poll takers said they wouldn’t buy an iPhone, while 31.3 percent said Android wasn’t the choice for them. The last smartphone brand, BlackBerry, received the worst results as 71.4 percent said they wouldn’t be buying a BlackBerry device.
Even though we, and the majority of the tech world, enjoyed what BlackBerry did with its Z10, we can certainly see why the average consumer may not want to consider purchasing a BlackBerry. Most people think of older BlackBerry devices with physical keyboards and a terrible lineup of applications, which is why they’d gladly take their money elsewhere.
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2013-06-18: 'Critical' Security Warning Issued For BlackBerry Z10
- 2013-05-29: BlackBerry Q10 Reportedly Selling Faster Than iPhone 5, Galaxy S4 And HTC One In France
- 2013-05-14: BlackBerry 10.1 Coming To U.S. BlackBerry Z10 Owners Later This Month
- 2013-04-29: T-Mobile BlackBerry Q10 Registration Page Now Live For Business Customers
- 2013-04-26: Skype Launches On BlackBerry 10, But Only On The BlackBerry Q10