If rumors are not enough to spread uncertainty about upcoming Apple products, there are analysts who keep adding fuel to the fire. Only recently an analyst voiced off his opinion that Apple would see a radical decline in iPhone market share if it does not release a revamped smartphone soon. Today in a research note to his clients, Peter Misek of Jefferies claimed that the iPhone 6 will be released in June next year. This is because Apple needs time to nail the transition to the improved display technology.
There have already been many iPhone related rumors. Some believe that iPhone 5S will be released this fall, while some are of the opinion that a low cost iPhone is going to be released in the near future. Misek claims that the iPhone 6 will have a larger screen, probably around 4.5 to 5 inches. He also says that the supply chain is primed for iPhone 5S which may come with multiple color options, improved camera and processor as well as the much rumored fingerprint scanner. Misek also believes that Apple has a mobile payments solution which will work through its Passbook app. Analysts have a hit or miss record when it comes to Apple predictions, so it is advised that you take all of this with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-18: Additional iPhone 6 Concept Renders Surface
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-14: iPhone 6 Price Might Get A Bump [Analyst]
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Research Shows High Interest In iPhone 6 Due To Larger Display Rumors
- 2014-01-23: iPhone 6 To Have Larger Display, iPhone 5c Plastic Body Will Be Axed [WSJ]
- 2013-10-07: iPhone 6 Display Size Will Be 4.8 Inches [Analyst]
- 2013-08-25: iPhone 5C Allegedly Pictured During Testing
- 2013-06-06: Low Cost iPhone Launch Rumored Before iPhone 5S
- 2013-05-09: iPhone 6 Is Reportedly The Next Generation iPhone