Back in May of 2012, we reported on a rumor that Google could be looking to launch a gaming service of their own which would be akin to Apple’s Game Center for iOS. This alleged service is expected to come with similar features to Game Center, such as providing leaderboards, gaming lobbies, achievements, invitations to multiplayer games and so on. While we haven’t really heard much about the rumored service since, the folks at Android Police have taken apart the MyGlass companion app that is currently being shipped with Google Glass.
Within the APK, Android Police stumbled across a folder marked “games”, and within it there are files which has revealed that Google could be working on some sort of gaming service with features like what we mentioned above. The timestamps date back to last month indicating that this is a project that Google is still working on, at least as far as we can tell. Android Police has concluded that this gaming service is nearly finished, speculating that we might be able to learn more about it during Google I/O.
- LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- Ellen Degeneres' Oscar Selfie Might Not Have Been Impromptu After All
- Cross-Platform BBM Could Be Getting Ads Soon, According To Android Beta
- BlackBerry Z30 Apps Will Automatically Be Available For The BlackBerry Z3
- Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms