The BlackBerry Q10 has yet to be released in North America, but it looks like a new patent awarded to BlackBerry may very well hint at a new BlackBerry 10 device.
We’ve already seen the touchscreen-based BlackBerry Z10, the QWERTY-keyboard equipped BlackBerry Q10, but a new patent awarded to BlackBerry might hint at a new slider phone. The USPTO document was initially filed back in December 2011 and doesn’t go into detail as to what BlackBerry has planned for this device. Instead, it features a design for a device that looks like a BlackBerry Z10 with a physical keyboard tucked underneath the display, similar to BlackBerry’s Torch series of devices.
We know the majority of BlackBerry users would prefer to have a keyboard with their smartphone, but I’ve never been a fan of having its inclusion come at a cost of having a smaller screen. The device BlackBerry may be considering might be the perfect combination of both having a large-screened smartphone along with the comfort of a physical keyboard.
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-09 Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27 BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19 BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2013-12-24 BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices
- 2013-12-22 BBM For BlackBerry 10 Beta Features Real Time Location Sharing And Voice Notes