The BlackBerry Q10 has yet to be released in North America, but it looks like a new patent awarded to BlackBerry may very well hint at a new BlackBerry 10 device.
We’ve already seen the touchscreen-based BlackBerry Z10, the QWERTY-keyboard equipped BlackBerry Q10, but a new patent awarded to BlackBerry might hint at a new slider phone. The USPTO document was initially filed back in December 2011 and doesn’t go into detail as to what BlackBerry has planned for this device. Instead, it features a design for a device that looks like a BlackBerry Z10 with a physical keyboard tucked underneath the display, similar to BlackBerry’s Torch series of devices.
We know the majority of BlackBerry users would prefer to have a keyboard with their smartphone, but I’ve never been a fan of having its inclusion come at a cost of having a smaller screen. The device BlackBerry may be considering might be the perfect combination of both having a large-screened smartphone along with the comfort of a physical keyboard.RELATED
- Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- Samsung Could Be Looking To Bring Android 4.4 KitKat To Older Devices
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Follow: blackberry, BlackBerry 10,
- Seen at: engadget