Over the past couple of months there has been a lot of speculation about the release date of BlackBerry Q10. The new BlackBerry 10 devices were announced by the ailing Canadian manufacturer back in January. The Z10 became immediately available in UK and Canada after launch, though the company did not reveal when exactly it would starting shipping Q10. A new rumor suggests that the device will begin shipping on the 30th of April in Canada, the rumor is based on an allegedly leaked memo from Rogers, a major Canadian carrier.
The BlackBerry Q10 is similar to the Z10, major difference being the full QWERTY keyboard that is much loved by BlackBerry enthusiasts. The internal specifications are the same, though the Q10 does come with a bigger 2,100 mAh battery as opposed to the Z10′s 1,800 mAh battery. The internal memo pictured above clearly shows that Rogers will release Q10 on April 30. As of now it is presumed that all other Canadian carriers will release the device on this very same day. No word as yet on when the Q10 will be coming over to the U.S.
[Image via mobilesyrup]
Next Story: Acer Tablet Could See Major Price Cut
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2013-06-06: Blackberry Q10 Unboxing + Photo Gallery
- 2013-06-04: AT&T BlackBerry Q10 Available For Pre-Order June 5 For $200
- 2013-05-14: BlackBerry Q10 Available On Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile This Summer
- 2013-05-14: BlackBerry 10.1 Coming To U.S. BlackBerry Z10 Owners Later This Month
- 2013-05-08: Analyst Believes BlackBerry Q10 Will Outsell The Z10