Blackberry is definitely betting the bank when it comes to Blackberry 10 and its accompanying devices, the Z10 and the Q10, two known Blackberry 10 devices. However will both devices sell the way Blackberry intends? Well according to Stockhouse.com, they are claiming that according to the rumors, it seems the Blackberry’s yet-to-be-released Q10 has managed to land itself 2 million pre-orders from none other than the Chinese government!
The Chinese Bureau of Economic and Cultural Development has signed an intent to purchase 2 million Blackberry Q10 handsets according to filials with FYD Enterprises in Macau.
FYD (Fugyudum) Enterprises owns and operates a chain of for-profit educational faculties in nearby Guangdong and Yudumtu provinces as part of the mainland government’s recent economic liberalization initiatives in specified zones within these 2 provinces.
A source close to the company says the Q10′s will be distributed to the Faculties of Mobile Hacking and Cyber Warfare.
We know that previously, Blackberry devices were well-known and widely accepted by governments and enterprises due to their security as well as the ability for IT managers to remotely monitor information passing through and from the devices. However as mobile technology has become more advanced, iOS and Android have slowly started replacing Blackberry devices at work and government offices. While this is a rumor, if true it would certain be great news for Blackberry.
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Claims He Was Misquoted On Handset Division Sale
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Renamed 'BlackBerry Classic'
- 2013-08-30: BlackBerry Q10 Now Available From Sprint
- 2013-08-29: BlackBerry Q10 Sales Performing Poorly [Report]
- 2013-06-18: AT&T BlackBerry Q10 Release Date Is June 21
- 2013-06-18: BlackBerry Q10 Review
- 2013-06-18: 'Critical' Security Warning Issued For BlackBerry Z10