It has been only a couple of months since BlackBerry announced their new BB10 platform and the new Z10 and Q10 smartphones. Both of these devices are high-end devices, while the latter has not even been made available to the public yet. BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins has previously confirmed that they have as much as four BlackBerry 10 devices planned for this year. Sketch of an alleged R Series entry level BlackBerry 10 device leaked today, which is reportedly quite similar to the BlackBerry Q10.
The R Series BB10 device is said to have a full QWERTY keyboard, SD card slot for external memory expansion, 8GB of internal storage and a 1,800 mAh battery. It is expected to be launced in early fall or late summer 2013. The price tag is supposedly going to be between $300 – $400 without a contract. The source claims that their tipster has signed an NDA due to which he can’t release actual images of this device, hence the provision of the sketch you see above. Can this possibly be a new BlackBerry 10 based model for the Curve line of smartphones?
Next Story: Bloomberg To Integrate Twitter Feeds
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-09 Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27 BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19 BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2013-12-24 BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices
- 2013-12-22 BBM For BlackBerry 10 Beta Features Real Time Location Sharing And Voice Notes