At the beginning of 2013, Sony announced it would be welcoming EPIX into its stable of video streaming applications for both its PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. It took nearly three months since their original announcement, but EPIX is finally available on the PlayStation 3 starting today.
EPIX, just like other premium cable channels, will require you to be a subscriber of its service in order for you to get everything it has to offer. PSN users are able to check out EPIX for free through a 14-day trial, although EPIX will be offering a new movie for free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regardless if they’re a subscriber to their video service or not. If you’ve been on the fence whether to be a PS Plus member or not, now would be a pretty good time to sign up for the service.
PlayStation 3 owners can access the EPIX app under the “TV/Video Services” category of their XMB. PlayStation Vita owners are still out of luck for now as today’s release is all about the PS3, although Sony promises your day of being able to watch EPIX on your Vita will come soon enough.
Next Story: Alleged Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Plus Photo Leaked
- Microsoft Adds Jinni Engine To Improve Xbox Video Recommendations
- Pixelate Interactive Dining Table Lets You Game While You Eat
- Ubisoft's Rabbids Starring In Nickelodeon Show Starting August 3
- Dragon Quest Slime Salt And Pepper Shakers Available On July 26
- Netflix Launches Content Suggestion Engine Called Max Onto PS3