An analyst recently predicted the iPad 5 is expected to be 15% thinner and 25% lighter than its predecessor, which seems to fit with all of the leaked images and details of the device over the past couple of months. We also saw the back plate of the iPad 5 earlier this year, but today, we’re seeing a new leaked image of the iPad 5′s shell that gives us some more information as to what to expect from it.
The leaked rear shell of the iPad 5 comes from the same source that leaked the rumored budget iPhone last week. Confirming this is the iPad 5′s rear shell is impossible since we don’t know what it would look like, but judging by previous rumors, this rear shell seems to look like a bigger version of the iPad mini’s rear shell, which the iPad 5 has long been rumored to adopt its look.
Even though the shell looks to be narrower than previous iPad shells, the display looks to remain to be unchanged. If Apple does release an iPad that has a thinner shell and adopts the look of the iPad Mini, this would certainly be the breath of fresh air the aging design needs.
- Apple Reportedly Planning On Opening Neighborhood Retail Stores In India
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Apple's Plans For Sapphire Will Be For A "Secret Project"
- iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Coating, Skips May Release (Rumor)