An analyst recently predicted the iPad 5 is expected to be 15% thinner and 25% lighter than its predecessor, which seems to fit with all of the leaked images and details of the device over the past couple of months. We also saw the back plate of the iPad 5 earlier this year, but today, we’re seeing a new leaked image of the iPad 5′s shell that gives us some more information as to what to expect from it.
The leaked rear shell of the iPad 5 comes from the same source that leaked the rumored budget iPhone last week. Confirming this is the iPad 5′s rear shell is impossible since we don’t know what it would look like, but judging by previous rumors, this rear shell seems to look like a bigger version of the iPad mini’s rear shell, which the iPad 5 has long been rumored to adopt its look.
Even though the shell looks to be narrower than previous iPad shells, the display looks to remain to be unchanged. If Apple does release an iPad that has a thinner shell and adopts the look of the iPad Mini, this would certainly be the breath of fresh air the aging design needs.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-10-07: iPad 5 Release Date, News and Rumored Specs
- 2013-08-12: iPad 5 Features Same Thin Touch-Screen Technology As iPad Mini [Rumor]
- 2013-05-20: iPad 5 Release Date (Rumor)