There was a leak on the upcoming quad-core smartphone from Sony Mobile which was said to feature a 20-megapixel in the works earlier this morning, carrying the nickname the Sony Honami. Wow, a 20-megapixel shooter would definitely place this as a flagship device under Sony’s stable for sure. We have more details on the alleged Sony Honami now, where it reportedly comes with a Sony 1/1.6″ Exmor RS stacked sensor and Cybershot G glass lens. The inclusion of a 1/1.6″ sized camera sensor would obviously make it larger compared to any of its other competitors, albeit for the one found in the Nokia 808 Pureview.
Apart from that, it is whispered that there will also be an all new image processing algorithm as well as revamped camera user interface which is based on the current generation of Sony Cybershot cameras. It is tipped that the automatic scene recognition will get a massive boost in improvement, even more so over the Sony Xperia Z. Will it come with xenon or dual LED flash? Only time will tell, as time is the great confirmer or destroyer of rumors.
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2013-09-03: Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Entire Alleged Press Release Leaks
- 2013-08-26: White Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Photos Leaked
- 2013-08-26: Sony Honami's Camera Teased In New Photo
- 2013-08-25: Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Purported Press Image Leaks
- 2013-08-23: New Sony Honami Photo Teased, Hints At Water Resistance