Netflix has been in the news today as it released its quarterly letter to shareholders, but that’s not the only thing they did today. The Netflix iOS app has been updated, though its not a major revamp, it does bring some subtle design changes as well as an episode selector. Netflix app’s user interface has been slightly improved, users can now flip through content that they have already started watching or would like to watch.
The episode selector feature is only available for Netflix’s iPad app. It allows users to switch episodes within any given series, even if there’s an episode already playing. A handy feature for those who watch a lot of TV shows but can’t seem to remember where they left off the last time they watched. The app update also brings redesigned audio and subtitle selector which will be available to all iOS devices. Accompanying these nifty little updates is the usual slew of bug fixes. This new Netflix iOS app update can now be downloaded absolutely free from the iTunes App Store. The streaming service also announced a new $11.99 family plan that allows four simultaneous streams on separate devices.
Next Story: New Nexus 7 Tablet Google I/O Release Rumored
- 2014-04-23 Netflix Taps Arrested Development Creator For More Shows
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2014-03-13 Clones And Free-To-Play Titles Have "Soured" iTunes App Store Experience, According To Report
- 2013-10-03 Netflix Updates iOS App To Support 1080p Videos, AirPlay Streaming
- 2011-12-14 Netflix unveils new iPad app
- 2010-08-26 Netflix iOS App Now Supports iPhone And iPod touch