Google will be making quite a few announcements at the I/O conference. The company will unveil Android’s next major platform update, version 5.0 or Key Lime Pie. It is also expected to make hardware announcements, though recent rumors suggest that it won’t be unveiling Nexus 5 or Motorola X. Rather it will be announcing a Nexus 4 with 32GB storage and 4G LTE. Now it is being speculated that the company will unveil a revamped Nexus 7 tablet at its event.
The new Nexus 7 tablet will reportedly be released in July. It is rumored to have a full HD display, a slimmer bezel design, Wi-Fi and cellular capabilities. Some rumors also suggest that Google will swap the Nexus 7′s existing NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor. Revamped Nexus 7 is expected to retain its current price point of $199. Like before, the device will be manufactured by Asus. The slight changes in design will make this tablet thinner and lighter than before. This would give it an extra edge in the market which is literally overflowing with 7-inch tablets from a wide variety of manufacturers, a thin and light footprint coupled with Android OS will set the Nexus 7 apart beautifully.
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2013-07-17: Google Nexus 7 2 Allegedly Appears In New Video, Photos [Rumor]
- 2013-07-12: Nexus 7 2 With LTE Rumored For Late July Announcement
- 2013-07-08: Staples Slashes Nexus 7 Prices, New Variant Coming?
- 2013-07-01: Nexus 7 2 Specs Leaked By ASUS Rep? [Rumor]
- 2013-04-22: Nexus 5 And Motorola X Reportedly Won't Be Unveiled At Google I/O