Google will be making quite a few announcements at the I/O conference. The company will unveil Android’s next major platform update, version 5.0 or Key Lime Pie. It is also expected to make hardware announcements, though recent rumors suggest that it won’t be unveiling Nexus 5 or Motorola X. Rather it will be announcing a Nexus 4 with 32GB storage and 4G LTE. Now it is being speculated that the company will unveil a revamped Nexus 7 tablet at its event.
The new Nexus 7 tablet will reportedly be released in July. It is rumored to have a full HD display, a slimmer bezel design, Wi-Fi and cellular capabilities. Some rumors also suggest that Google will swap the Nexus 7′s existing NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor. Revamped Nexus 7 is expected to retain its current price point of $199. Like before, the device will be manufactured by Asus. The slight changes in design will make this tablet thinner and lighter than before. This would give it an extra edge in the market which is literally overflowing with 7-inch tablets from a wide variety of manufacturers, a thin and light footprint coupled with Android OS will set the Nexus 7 apart beautifully.
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Google Babel To Be Unveiled At I/O As Google Hangouts [Rumor]
- HTC R7 And R12 Windows RT Blue Tablets Launch Reportedly In October
- Galaxy Note 8.0 In "Brown Black" Color Apparently Coming In June
- New LG Tablet Reportedly Launching In Q3 2013