A new patent that has been granted to Nintendo this week highlights the ability to create a “remotely controlled mobile device control system.” What this means in not-so patent-like terms is Nintendo is describing a method of using something similar to its Wii Remote controller in order to embed it within a “remote controlled toy. The reason for this pair is in order to have the Wii Remote-infused toy interact with the game console.
Considering how popular video games that revolve around real-world toys, like Activision’s Skylanders series, we can certainly see there being a market for something like this if Nintendo can pull it off. Having a small, plastic toy being used in a game is one thing, but having a remote-controlled toy is a completely different thing, especially if that toy can pull off some awesome real-world moves.
Next Story: Apple To Release Revamped Macbook Lineup In Q2
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-02-04 Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-10-01 Wii U Updated To Allow Off-Screen Play For Wii Games
- 2013-09-19 'Wii Sports Club' Brings Classic Wii Sports Games To The Wii U
- 2013-09-11 The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wasn't The Only Zelda Game Nintendo Considered For HD Remake
- 2013-09-06 Nintendo Drops Price Of Super Mario Galaxy 2 And Other Popular Wii Games