The last we heard of the Nintendo Wii U’s Miiverse was when the company announced its mobile features would be made available to smartphone and PC users “in a few weeks.” It looks like those few weeks are now behind us as Nintendo has officially launched Miiverse onto smartphones and PCs.
This version of Miiverse isn’t a dedicated application, so smartphone users shouldn’t go looking in their respective app stores for an app. Instead, Nintendo launched the Miiverse website which can be accessed on your computer as well as your smartphone to view your Activity Feed, friends list and notifications. Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to create new posts or new accounts through the Miiverse website, only to view content that you normally would access through Miiverse on your Wii U.
Users will also need a Nintendo Network ID, which currently is only possible to create on the Wii U, in order to use Miiverse. Although Nintendo does allow those without a Nintendo Network ID to get a glimpse into some of the more popular posts on the service.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2013-09-19: 'Wii Sports Club' Brings Classic Wii Sports Games To The Wii U
- 2013-07-18: Nintendo Showcasing Wii U, 3DS Games At San Diego Comic-Con
- 2013-05-07: Nintendo Details 'Wii U Software Showcase' For E3 2013
- 2013-04-25: Nintendo Won't Hold An E3 2013 Press Conference To Focus On Smaller, Direct Events
- 2013-04-24: Nintendo Sells 390,000 Wii Us In Q1 2013; Promises Release Of Key Nintendo Titles In Q2