It was close to a year ago when Capcom, Namco Bandai and SEGA announced they would be teaming up to work on its Project X Zone Nintendo 3DS game. And after several months of development time, publisher Namco Bandai has announced the game will be made available on the 3DS on June 25th in North America.
Project X Zone will star Namco Bandai, SEGA and Capcom characters in a strategy RPG. The inclusion of characters from each developer’s roster is explained the in game’s story, which revolves around a stolen ancient treasure known as the Portalstone. The game’s roster will include stars of such franchise’s as Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Tekken, Rival Schools and Mega Man X. Yes – we know the majority of these franchises are from Capcom’s stable of titles, but we’re sure we’ll hear about more stars from Namco Bandai and SEGA’s camp when we get closer to Project X Zone’s release date. Until then, keep your Nintendo 3DS fully charged to prepare yourself for the moment this interesting looking mashup RPG game releases.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2013-05-01: Capcom Creates Mega Man Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL Case
- 2012-04-11: Capcom x Namco Bandai x Sega project revealed as Project X Zone
- 2012-04-09: Sega x Capcom x Bandai mystery game begins countdown timer to announcement
- 2012-03-01: Capcom, Bandai, SEGA collaboration teases us further with possible character reveals
- 2012-02-22: Capcom, Bandai, SEGA working on Nintendo 3DS crossover project?