Just when you thought that things could not get any better with the Smart TV in your living room, along comes Samsung Electronics with the announcement of its 2013 Evolution Kit that has been made available in its home country, South Korea. The Evolution Kit will allow Samsung Smart TVs purchased last year to be able to enjoy the latest Smart TV features and technologies, which is basically an upgrade to bring it up to par with 2013 technology, all without having to purchase a spanking new TV.
Upon installation of the Evolution Kit, you will be able to enjoy simplified content discovery, more natural ways to control the TV and faster speeds thanks to Samsung’s 2013 Smart TV features such as Smart Hub, S Recommendation with Voice Interaction, enhanced Smart Interaction and a new quad-core processor. This is a novel idea, but I believe that most of the time, improvements that end users will see would most probably remain on the software and firmware side of things rather than the hardware. What do you think of the Samsung Evolution Kit – will other manufacturers follow in Samsung’s footsteps and do the same thing as well? Do bear in mind that the Samsung Evolution Kit will play nice with certain 2012 Samsung Smart models only, including the ES7000 and ES8000.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2013-12-23: Samsung 2014 Smart TVs Will Get Enhanced Features
- 2013-03-20: Samsung Evolution Kit Upgrades Your 2012 Smart TV In May For $300
- 2013-01-28: Samsung Smart TV, Blu-ray Verizon FiOS TV App Updated With 75 Live Channels
- 2013-01-02: Samsung Evolves 2012 Smart TVs Into Current Models With Evolution Kit
- 2012-11-05: Samsung Smart TVs to get Monopoly and The Game of Life