The other day we reported on a rumor that with the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the phablet could be seeing a major revamp and could (finally) be turning to more premium materials, such as the use of metal. While that did sound rather promising, famed blogger Eldar Murtazin who also seems to be able to get inside info on phones before the rest of the world, has tweeted that this might not be the case and that it could be the work of HTC’s PR team.
If you remember the rumor, it states that due to the “glowing reviews” of the aluminum unibody used by the HTC One, Samsung is left feeling a little “worried” that relying on plastic may no longer be possible, hence the rumors of the revamp. We guess if you think about it, it might be possible that this rumor is completely false and could have been fabricated by HTC’s PR team, or maybe even by a HTC fan, who is subtly implying that the HTC One is a better product. At the same time it does seem counter intuitive that HTC would promote a competitor’s (upcoming) product, especially considering the popularity of the Galaxy Note devices to begin with.
Either way make what you will of this, but with Murtazin’s insider knowledge, we wouldn’t be surprised if he knew something about the Galaxy Note 3 that we don’t. This a bit ironic considering that Samsung is currently under fire by Taiwanese officials for hiring students to write malicious articles against HTC. If this is true, we wonder what Taiwanese officials will have to say about this!RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- Samsung Could Be Looking To Bring Android 4.4 KitKat To Older Devices
- Oppo Find 7 Could Feature 5.7" 2K Display With Snapdragon 805 Chipset [Rumor]
- Some Galaxy S5 Models Rumored To Come With LDS Antenna Technology
- Follow: Galaxy Note 3, HTC, HTC One, Samsung,
- Seen at: uswitch