One of my all-time favorite video game consoles has to be SEGA’s Dreamcast as I feel it was way ahead of its time in terms of graphical ability, user-interface as well as it believing in online multiplayer games on consoles before it was even a thing. I can sing the praises of the Dreamcast for hours, which is why when I saw there was a Dreamcast Controller backpack, I knew I had to write about it for all of you Dreamcast lovers out there.
SEGA has started to roll out a backpack which resembles its monstrously large Dreamcast controller. In fact, I believe this backpack might be an exact replica in terms of the controller’s size, but I might be wrong considering it’s been years since I held the console’s controller. The backpack is being launched as a part of SEGA’s new brand, “SegaKawaii,” which translates to SEGA cute or adorable in Japanese.
The Dreamcast controller backpack retails for 13,860円 ($146 U.S.) and will go on sale starting April 25 in Japan. The backpack won’t be the only SEGAKawaii item for sale as a Dreamcast t-shirt and a Genesis tank top will also go on sale.RELATED
- ID@Xbox Self-Publishing Program Kicks Off Early Next Year
- Peggle 2 Headed To Xbox One December 9
- Minecraft's Opera 'OPERAcraft' To Be Livestreamed This Week
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag 'Freedom Cry' DLC Releasing Dec. 17
- Nintendo 2DS Bundled With Pokemon X/Y Coming Dec. 6
- Follow: backpack, dreamcast, japan, sega,
- Seen at: gamer.ne.jp