Today Microsoft has released a new update of the Skype for Windows Phone 8 app. The beta tag that previously accompanied this app has now been dropped in the latest update, which brings the version number up to 2.5. Despite that, there aren’t any substantial new features in this update. The new Skype for Windows Phone 8 version 2.5 is now available for download from the Windows Phone Store.
The new app update primarily brings general improvements and better reliability. Various bugs have been fixed which plagued both chat and video chat, they’ve also fixed some crashes. The only new tweak in this update is the change of handling of Messenger buddies in the app. The Skype app now be default displays message notifications for Messenger buddies. Microsoft hasn’t clarified one thing, since Windows Phone 8 has Messenger integrated, wouldn’t this mean that users will get notifications from both the Skype and built in Messenger apps? Perhaps the company has disabled the integrated Messenger app’s notifications? The company has yet to say something on this matter, we’ll let you know when they release an official statement.
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-22 Over 1 Million Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Installs Estimated
- 2014-04-18 WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17 Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16 Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2012-02-01 Skype for Windows Phone beta arriving soon?
- 2012-01-15 Windows Phone Skype app going gold soon
- 2011-08-11 Windows Phone to have deep Skype integration?