Japanese technology giant Sony has gone on record to confirm that they will be launching new soundbars later this year. It will be a premium range that is going to be significantly better than Sony’s current soundbars which are already available in the market. Unfortunately they haven’t said much about these upcoming products, they’ve not gone in to details or specifics. However Sony executives have confirmed that the upcoming premium range of soundbars will have HDMI output and Near Field Communication or NFC compatibility.
It is expected that Sony will announce this new range at the IFA trade show in Berlin. This assumption is based on the company’s previous launch widows, though it has not confirmed whether IFA trade show was what it meant when it said that the soundbars will be available later this year. Soundbars with NFC capability will be high on usability. Users with NFC capable devices such as Xperia Tablet Z or the Xperia Z smartphone would simply have to tap their device to the soundbar and music would start playing. Sony also confirmed that more AV receivers will be released later in the year, but they’ve not gone in to specifics once again.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-08-13: 100 Sony Xperia Z Handsets Used In A Fashion Project
- 2013-08-06: Sony XPERIA Z Users Complain of Build Quality in Forums
- 2013-08-01: Sony Shipped 9.6 Million Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-07-31: Sony Xperia Z And Xperia ZL Gets New Firmware Updates