Times are hard for some folks living around the world, as the economies of various countries are not said to be purring across all fronts actually. Some companies do find it difficult to remain afloat in such moments, and more often than not, it is not the “head” that goes, but rather, the “body”, so to speak. Case in point, it seems that Square Enix has confirmed that they will be laying off folks at European as well as UK offices. Just in case you thought that all is fine and dandy at Square Enix, they are not, never mind the fact that titles such as Tomb Raider, Hitman and Sleeping Dogs managed to move their fair share of copies, although those numbers fell short of Square Enix’s expectations.
Square Enix mentioned in a statement, “We are reviewing our business in Europe to ensure we have the right structure, content and skills for the changing entertainment landscape. We do expect changes to the UK office, which will affect personnel. We will update you when the time is right, but our priority right now is for the people within the business.” Hopefully those laid off would be able to get back on their feet, and fast!
- 2014-04-20 Final Fantasy III Headed For PC (Rumor)
- 2014-04-11 Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-09 School Girl Strikers iOS RPG From Square Enix Coming Your Way
- 2014-04-01 Square Enix Opens Teaser Site For New RPG
- 2014-03-21 Original Final Fantasy XIV's Downfall Was Due To Overly Designed Flowerpots (Amongst Other Things)