If you thought Pebble watch was a fantastic little gadget that saw the light of day courtesy of crowd-funding, the Agent smartwatch will surely make you stop in your tracks. Dubbed as the World’s Smartest Watch, designed and developed by Secret Labs in conjunction with House of Horology, this watch connects via Bluetooth to iPhone 4S or higher, Android 2.3 or higher firmware running devices, and Windows Phone 8. It also features wireless charging.
The Agent smartwatch actually has two processors, one ARM Cortex M4 processor and another smaller secondary processor which is there to take over when the watch doesn’t need that much processing power. This greatly reduces battery usage. Users can select what type of watch face they want, additional watch faces can also be downloaded via the smartphone connected with it. Not only does Agent notify users of incoming calls, it is capable of running apps and will also notify when the user leaves their phone behind.
The Kickstarter project for this watch has already exceeded its required $100,000 funding goal, and there are still 29 days to go. One can only imagine how overly funded this project is going to be, then again, Pebble Watch was too. Its nice to see that while big companies such as Apple, Microsoft and LG ponder over the right time to release a smartwatch in the market, smaller manufacturers are already leading the way.
Next Story: IBM Watson Smartphone Apps Coming Soon
- 2014-04-09: iFixit: Samsung Gear 2 Battery Easily Replaced
- 2014-04-09: iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: LG G Watch Pegged For July Release, Priced At £180
- 2014-04-08: Apple iWatch Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- 2014-04-06: Will.i.am To Launch Smartwatch This July
- 2014-04-03: Pebble 2.1.1 Update Unbricks The Smartwatch
- 2014-04-01: Pebble 2.1 Update Reportedly Causing Some Watches To Brick
- 2014-01-06: Pebble Steel SmartWatch with New Apps
- 2014-01-02: Pebble To Announce Something Special For CES 2014
- 2013-12-18: Pebble App Store Announced