We’ve been keeping tabs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for some time now, which we expected to be announced during Google I/O last week. Even though we didn’t see Android 4.3 Jelly Bean at Google I/O, someone did get to spot it running on a Nexus 4 recently.
A user of XDA posted some pictures of a Nexus 4 which was seen at a mobile expo in Thailand. Seeing a Nexus 4 probably wouldn’t be a big deal to most people, but this Nexus 4 was a tad more special than most. This Nexus 4 was spotted running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean under a new build number, JWR45B.
The eagle-eyed XDA user was able to snap a few additional pictures of the Nexus 4, specifically its camera’s interface which received a slight improvement as the controls are now on the side rather than within the focus area. In addition to the camera, the user did pull up the Jelly Bean Easter Egg that says Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Hopefully the spotting on this Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean means we aren’t months away from a release, but instead, weeks. But that is purely speculation and wishful thinking on our part.
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2013-12-05: Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- 2013-08-23: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Factory Images Now Available
- 2013-04-28: Google Android 4.3 Spotted
- 2013-02-13: Android 4.2.2 Update Arrives For Nexus 4 Owners
- 2012-10-29: Android 4.2 Preview with the Google Nexus 4