The tech world has been keeping its eyes on any news pertaining to the upcoming reveal of Apple’s upcoming iPad, which at this point, is being called the iPad 5. For several months, we’ve heard reports it will resemble the iPad mini, have seen supposed leaks of its shell and even have seen major retailers hint at its upcoming release. But a new report claims the iPad 5 isn’t the only full-fledged iPad Apple is working on as there may be a new bigger brother.
According to ETNews who is citing industry sources, Apple is currently in the process of talking to Korean display and additional component manufacturers to supply the parts for a new iPad with a 12.9-inch display, which is being called the iPad Maxi. The purpose of the iPad Maxi will be to target the 13-inch ultrabook and notebook market by offering a comparable screen size, while offering better portability and battery life. An additional target for the 12.9-inch tablet would be classrooms as the larger screen would be better suited to replace traditional textbooks, which Apple is also reportedly working with partners to develop a new display technology to deliver less glare, making it easier to read text on.
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-08: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad
- 2013-09-20: iOS 7 Causes 4-Year-Old Boy To Cry Uncontrollably
- 2013-09-05: Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-07-30: Android Tablets Command 67% Of Tablet Market, Beats Out The iPad
- 2013-06-26: Contra: Evolution Brings The Classic NES Game To iPhone, iPad Today
- 2013-06-17: iOS 7 For iPad Screenshots Reveal Improved Notifications Center, More