As it stands, the LG Optimus G Pro is an AT&T exclusive, although it seems that a variant of the phone could be making its way onto Sprint’s network down the line, thanks to a mysterious LG device making an appearance on Sprint’s User Agent Profile. The UAP reveals a certain LG device with a 1080p Full HD display and with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on board. The device has been given the model number LS980 which seems to be somewhat similar to the LG Optimus G Pro on AT&T whose model is the E980.
However what is interesting is how the UAP has listed the L980 to have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 M8974 processor on board, which seems to be an upgrade over the LG Optimus G Pro which is using the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset. There is a chance that Sprint’s version of the Optimus G Pro could sport an upgraded processor, but then again it seems that it is more likely that Sprint could instead be getting their hands on the Optimus G Pro’s sequel.
Next Story: iOS 7 Concept Shows Expose-Like Multitasking
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2014-03-31: Sprint LG G2 Mini Carries Model Number LS885
- 2014-02-26: LG F90 (LG Volt) Set To Arrive On Sprint
- 2014-02-05: LG Optimus G Pro To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat In Q2
- 2014-01-16: LG G Flex Arrives On Sprint
- 2013-12-15: LG G Flex For Sprint Leaked