One thing that we absolutely love about concepts is the fact that such ideas can be toyed around with. In a nutshell, you are able to claim that this conceptual device or in this story’s case, the vehicle, will come with promises that are impossible to deliver at this point in time simply because current day technology has yet to be “exploited” to such levels. Well, the Mercedes Benz GLA concept car that was featured at this year’s Shanghai Auto Show had one interesting feature – headlights which functioned as laser beam projectors. Yes sir, basically, these headlights are capable of projecting videos as well as images just about anywhere, allowing you to set up your very own drive-in theater right there and then on the spot.
Apart from the projector headlights, the Mercedes Benz GLA concept car will also boast of a couple of High Definition (HD) cameras that are located on the roof rails. These cameras will capture 3D stills and videos, and are flexible enough to be removed and attached on other surfaces. Doesn’t sound too impossible in this day and age, and the Mercedes Benz GLA is mated to a 208 horsepower turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, 4Matic all wheel drive, and a 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission.
Next Story: Pebble Gets New Developer Tools
- 2014-03-06: Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- 2014-03-06: Google’s Projected Mode System Could Feature In Mercedes Benz Cars
- 2014-03-03: Mercedes-Benz To Add Android Support When Google's Car Infotainment System Is Ready
- 2014-01-07: Mercedes-Benz To Add Nest Thermostat Control In Vehicles
- 2013-07-30: Mercedes-Benz Wants To Use Google Glass To Provide A Seamless GPS Experience