Pokemon fans know a new set of Pokemon games, Pokemon X and Y, is being released this October, but up until today, all we’ve seen are screenshots of some legendary Pokemon we can expect to run across through our adventure. Nintendo today has finally decided to show the game in action, and even though they place a “game footage not final” as a disclaimer, Pokemon X and Y looks extremely impressive.
The gameplay trailer for Pokemon X and Y guides us through one of the game’s metropolises, Lumiose City, which happens to be smack dab in the middle of the Kalos region. The four new Pokemon being introduced in the trailer are Gogoat, Pancham, Fletching and Helioptile and the battle sequences look to have been greatly improved over previous Pokemon games.
In addition to being able to battle the heck out of your Pokemon, you’ll be able to customize the two playable characters in Pokemon X and Y by changing your trainer’s hair and skin color. It’s not quite the full customization we were looking forward to in the game, but it’s a good first step nonetheless.
- 2014-04-17: Pokemon Fans In Japan Will Get Two Characters For Watching The Movie
- 2014-04-17: Win A Limited Edition Pokémon-Themed 3DS XL By Attending A Japanese Football Match
- 2014-04-13: Pokemon And Zelda Monopoly Box Art Spotted Online
- 2014-03-31: Google April Fools' 2014 Is All About Catching Pokémon
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2013-12-13: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Update Version 1.2 Ready To Download
- 2013-10-20: Nintendo Offers No Save Map For Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Lumiose Save Bug
- 2013-10-15: Pokemon X And Y Sells 2 Million Copies In Two Days
- 2013-09-27: Special Edition Pokemon X And Y Nintendo 3DS XL Systems Now Available
- 2013-01-09: Xerneas And Yveltal Are Legendary Pokemon In Pokemon X And Y