As Android is not owned by Samsung, we guess the South Korean manufacturer knows how precarious it is if they were to put all their eggs into the Android basket, which is why it is not surprising that they have branched out to Windows Phone, and recently Tizen. The first Tizen smartphone by Samsung has yet to be announced, but it seems that model numbers of upcoming Tizen devices may have been identified by the good folks at Blog of Mobile (Japanese).
The website has managed to discovered two devices which feature the model numbers GT-I880 and GT-I8805, although we’re guessing they are probably the same device, with the latter probably offering an additional feature such as dual SIM slots or LTE. Further digging by the site revealed this information: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Tizen 2.1; en-us; SAMSUNG GT-I8800) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/2.1.0 Mobile, possibly confirming that these are indeed Tizen-based phones.
Samsung expects to debut Tizen devices later this year, so we guess until then, the GT-I8800 and GT-I8805 are possible Tizen models to look out for.RELATED
- LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users
- Conan O'Brien Uses Lyft App To Take Kevin Hart, Ice Cube Around Town
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Follow: Samsung, tizen,
- Seen at: sammobile