As if the Galaxy S4 didn’t spend much time in the limelight any way, these days a “rugged” version of this smartphone is being heavily rumored. Today we even saw allegedly leaked pictures of this device, which is said to be dust and water proof, carrying the Samsung SGH=i537 model number. The company is yet to comment on the existence of this device, though an impending confirmation hasn’t ever stopped the rumor mill from speculating on alleged specifications.
Rumor has it that the rugged Galaxy S4 a.k.a Galaxy Active will not have the same processor as the original Galaxy S4. Instead of the Snapdragon 600 or Exynos 5 Octa processors, the Galaxy Active may be powered by a relatively slower Snapdragon S4 1.9GHz quadcore processor. It is not entirely clear why the Active may ship with a slower processor. The new smartphone is expected to be shipping in the next few weeks. Apart from that, it will come touting Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz pre-installed while retaining the full 1080p HD display. Perhaps the processor downgrade is to spread the extra costs associated with manufacturing of this “rugged” smartphone?
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-04-14: Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2013-05-29: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active May Be Unveiled On 20th June
- 2013-05-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Caught On Video
- 2013-05-08: Samsung Galaxy S4 Variants Make An Appearance