Samsung was granted 20 new design patents by the US Patent and Trademark Office, these patents were related to designs for smartphones that might see the light of day in the future. One of the designs mentioned in these patents points to a smartphone with a slightly curved design which would give way for a curved display. The patent provides an interesting look in to designs that are yet to be fashioned in to giant display touting powerhouses.
The official patent title is noted as “mobile terminal” and towards the end, its regarded to as a “mobile phone.” Another interesting and unique idea is shown off with respect to the rear camera’s design. It appears to have a component that flips out, perhaps that could function as a shade when taking pictures in bright daylight? We’re merely speculating about this. As is the case with technologies that are patented, one can’t be sure if they’ll ever see the light of day. We can’t really be sure if Samsung intends to releasing smartphones with slightly curved designs displays in the very near future.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-01-12: Future Samsung Devices Could Feature Head Tracking
- 2013-12-30: Apple And Samsung Patent Battles Might Be Resolved Out Of Court
- 2013-05-22: Apple Believes Galaxy S4 Infringes Its Five Patents
- 2013-04-07: Samsung Infringes Crucial Part Of Apple Patent, Says ITC