Back in the day of the feature phone, Sony made a name for themselves by releasing phones with the Cyber-Shot branding, indicating that the phone came with a pretty exceptional camera. Considering that cameras on phones then left a lot to be desired, this was a pretty big deal. Now rumor has it that Sony might be looking to start that up again with the rumored device, Honami, which apparently is Sony’s take of the Cyber-Shot phones except that it runs on Android.
While we’re not sure when the Sony H2 will be released, word from the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors is that the camera on the phone is expected to sport a 2/3” image sensor with xenon flash, Cyber-Shot branding (no surprises there), and even come with manual controls like the Sony RX100! We’re not sure if we’re talking physical manual controls, like dials and what not, or software features, but either way with the RX100 being a high-end camera, this is pretty big news. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but for phone photography enthusiast, are you excited?
Next Story: Canon EOS 70D Rumored For July Launch
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-09-03 Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Entire Alleged Press Release Leaks
- 2013-08-26 White Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Photos Leaked
- 2013-08-26 Sony Honami's Camera Teased In New Photo
- 2013-08-25 Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Purported Press Image Leaks
- 2013-08-23 New Sony Honami Photo Teased, Hints At Water Resistance